Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lovely Things

A year ago at this time, I was living in London. Actually, a year ago at this time, I was coming back to London from a week in Vienna and Prague. I spent a semester in Europe, travelling and (occasionally) studying, and now I'm back here, in the cornfields.

Don't get me wrong. The cornfields have a beauty all their own; few things are lovelier than the neat green rows that glow at sunset, or the hills dotted with barns and silos. I miss the cathedrals, though, and the mystery of languages that I don't speak. I miss being somewhere new.

This post has nothing to do with food. These are just places that I miss. Where would you rather be?


The Thames, London


Carnaval in Notting Hill, London



Peppers in the Campo di Fiori market, Rome


Laundry in Trastevere, Rome



Prague



The Eiffel Tower at midnight


Graffiti on Oscar Wilde's grave, Père Lachaise Cemetery, Paris


Pathway in Père Lachaise Cemetery, Paris

No comments: